Thursday, July 17, 2014

IRS OVDP for corporations and other entities, domestic or offshore

IRS OVDP for corporations and other entities, domestic or offshore

That was a stat given to me by an OVDI examiner back in 2010. She told me that the IRS believed that 70% of unreported foreign accounts were held in the name of corporations, partnerships, trusts, llcs, and foundations, as an additional barrier to avoid detection.

Myself --- I think this number is off. I think the IRS completely miscalculated the amount of innocent minnows who held account in their own name.

In this article I discuss the various paths to compliance for foreign vs. domestic domiciled or registered entities. In other words,  does the individual have to go through OVDP, the entity or both?

No comments:

Post a Comment